Home to the smallest population of any of Canada’s provinces and territories, the Yukon is vast, sparse, and houses the kind of wild and untamed beauty that can only be appreciated when you’re fully immersed in it. Arctic Range Adventure, based in the Yukon’s capital of Whitehorse, offers guests unique and breathtaking tours across the Yukon wilderness, Alaska, and deep into the Arctic Circle.
Arctic Range Adventure, one of Yukon’s leading outdoor adventure companies, is looking for an exceptional Operations Manager for the seasonal operation.
The job of the operations manager entails the management of overall operation of the company. You need to be enthusiastic with great people skills, you likewise perform related tasks and duties when the situation warrants it. You need to be very detailed oriented and extremely responsible to run the day to day and multiday trip operations. With a range of responsibilities at your feet, you need to be a great all-rounder and an expert multi-tasker.
For consideration, all applicants must complete the job application form.
DUTIES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Plans and heads the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Planning, scheduling, improving, monitoring operations.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Hiring, training, coaching of tour guides, staff and personnel.
- Responsible for the supervision of up to 25 operational staff members at any given time.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the vehicle fleet.
- Implementing, enforcing and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Coordinating duties with the general manager.
- Reporting to senior management.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in public relations a plus but not a necessity.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Able to direct operations of the company.
- Should create and implement performance procedures and policies.
- Be able to create and oversee inventories.
- Should know how to make assessments of training needs.
- Be able to plan, schedule and oversee training procedures.
- Should be able to create and maintain staff schedules.
- Be able to create and maintain vehicle and equipment schedules.
- Be able to analyze full operating costs.
- Should have strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to think innovative and creative.
- Should know how to work result oriented.
- Be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Should know how to use computer software (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook).
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of supervisory experience in operation.
- 2 years experience in a managerial position.
- Clean driving record and class 4 drivers license.
- First Aid Certificate & CPR
- Spoken and written fluently in English.
- Fluency in Spanish or Japanese would be an added advantage.
AUTHORITY AND INDEPENDENCE:
- The Operations Manager has full authority delegated by the General Manager as per the requirements, duties and responsibility of the job.
- Work normal working hours but may be required to do some work in evening and/or on weekends.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT:
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Travel outside the office is required with respect to operational maintenance, emergencies, training etc.
- The jobholder is not subject to work that is physically demanding and is generally not exposed to any hazards as a direct consequence of the job.
- The jobholder is on call and is regularly required to work overtime and weekends in case needed.
- The Operations Manager position is located in Whitehorse (Yukon).
- extended vacation period in off season
- competitive salary
- training and certification programs are supported
- top notch equipment to use
This position is full-time employment depending on qualification and performance.
We thank all those who apply but only those considered will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 30, 2023
Start date: June 1, 2023
If you have the experience, drive and interest to qualify for this opportunity please email your resume, cover-letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit application via online application form: https://www.arcticrange.com/en/operations-manager-application.html