Reservations Supervisor (NOC 6313)
Arctic Range Adventure, one of Yukon’s leading outdoor adventure companies, is looking for an exceptional Reservations Supervisor.
A Reservations Supervisor, will act as a liaison, provide tours information and resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency. A Reservations Supervisor will also help in acquisition and revenue growth targets by converting email and phone leads to bookings.
The position requires strong multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced work environment. The Reservations Supervisor is required to find trip information quickly from a variety of sources while simultaneously holding an engaging conversation. Interruptions are to be expected, and the ability to complete tasks despite being side-tracked is essential. A friendly and accommodating personality is desired, and a professional phone manner is a must. With a range of responsibilities at your feet, you need to be a great all-rounder and an expert multi-tasker.
For consideration, all applicants must complete the job application form.
- Analyze all guest and travel agent requirements through telephone and emails and recommend suitable options for all customers and assist to confirm all reservations
- Ensure all incoming calls with courtesy and ensure efficient resolution of all guest inquiries for various tour services and operations
- While providing a superior customer experience, handle incoming calls from booked clients and assist with any inquiries they may have
- Manage all inquiries from guests and travel agents and ensure response and completion of all guest requests, evaluate all reservation logs and provide update on everyday basis
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting client relationships by responding in a timely manner to the clients’ questions and understanding their needs
- Manage all communication through company’s social media accounts
- Maintain awareness of new products and promotions
- Follow set procedures and systems for Phone, Email communication with clients, suppliers and other staff
- Ensure all data is entered as per standards in in-house data system and all leads are followed up in a timely manner
- Review all client feedback and act on it
- Sell tour programs to interested travelers
- Create customized tour programs to interested travelers
- Through outbound call initiatives, follow up on warm leads from prospects that have shown interest in visiting the region of our tour programs
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully converting leads on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Follow established scripting, standards and policies during each phone call.
- Provide travel information, itineraries and prices
- Handle customer complaints or concerns
- Counsel clients on terms and conditions of travel e.g. cancellation policies
- Book reservations and send out confirmation notices
- Process payments and refunds with accuracy
- Coordinating duties with the operations manager
- Reporting to senior management
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience in public relations a plus but not a necessity
- Assist operation with ongoing scheduling and planning
- Other duties as assigned
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised
- Must have a persuasive exceptional customer service, communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels
- Tourism and reservations experience
- A secondary school diploma is preferred
- Courses in computers, languages and communications are an asset
- Excellent telephone manner and etiquette are required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience with basic computer applications
- Ability to do thorough research
- Organizational skills
- Previous cash handling experience
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Should have strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to think innovative and creative
- Should know how to work result oriented
- Be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Proficient in using MS Office (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic computer proficiency
- Data entry experience
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, and scanners
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of experience in similar role
- At least 6 months of experience in working as adventure tour guide
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Some high school
- Up-to-date First Aid Certificate & CPR
- Commercial Driver’s License
AUTHORITY AND INDEPENDENCE:
- The Reservations & Sales Agent has full authority delegated by the General Manager as per the requirements, duties and responsibility of the job.
- Work normal working hours but may be required to do some work in evening and/or on weekends.
- Work requires willingness to work nights and weekends.
- CAD 22/hour for 35-40.00 hours per week
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT:
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Office environment; Work is administrative in nature.
- The jobholder is not subject to work that is physically demanding and is generally not exposed to any hazards as a direct consequence of the job.
- The Reservations Supervisor position is located in Whitehorse (Yukon).
- Competitive salary
- Training and certification programs are supported
- Supplementary company training
- Benefits offered after 180 days of employment (health, dental, vision, etc.)
This position is year-round employment depending on qualification and performance.
We thank all those who apply but only those considered will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 30, 2021
If you have the experience, drive and interest to qualify for this opportunity please email your resume, cover-letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org .